Earn 16 CPE Credits, including 4 credits in Behavioral Ethics!
Deception costs businesses over $994 Billion per year, approximately 7% of annual revenue. In the presence of deception, transaction costs are substantially increased for human resources, research and development, due diligence, and management.
Deception detection is a 21st-century skill that can dramatically improve one’s professional and personal effectiveness. In this masterclass on spotting lies and getting to the truth, participants learn to identify motivations for deception and discover methods to spot deception in narrative statements, body language, and facial expressions.
Unlike any course of its kind, Deception Detection: Interviewing and Getting to the Truth introduces a four step framework for eliciting information from the most challenging subjects and outlines eight expert questions that can be successfully applied to reach the truth in any interview, negotiation, or conversation.
You save $1,288 (80%)
THE CLASS: The single most advanced deception detection class ever before offered.
THE FORMAT: Self-paced, pre-recorded.
THE PROCESS: It’s simple to enroll. You’ll automatically be sent to the course. The class is self-paced online.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Risk Managers
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Asset Managers
- Financial Planners
- Corporate Fraud Police
- Security Experts
Once you sign up, you will have access to:
- Eleven course modules, each containing videos, animations, reflections, and celebrity case studies
- Exclusive framework and systematic approach to spotting lies and getting to the truth that’s easy to learn and evidence-based.
- Class workbook: As one student put it, “Super insightful and interesting! Pamela Meyer’s course is a treasure trove of useful information that has changed the way I approach relationships and honesty in and out of the workplace.”
- Professional certification in advanced deception detection, interviewing and getting to the truth
- Advanced skill development in reading people, detecting subtle signs of deceit and influencing others to reveal critical information
- Advanced interviewing skills that transform any conversation and negotiation
- Your professional life will skyrocket as your ability to communicate and connect with others flourishes
- No prerequisite knowledge is required to be successful in this course.
- No advance preparation is required.
- Program Level - Overview
- Delivery Method – QAS Self Study (Self-Paced)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between myths and facts about liars
- Decode hidden signals of disdain or agreement in the first three seconds of someone’s response
- Identify which emotions are associated with deception
- Read complex facial microexpressions of contempt, disgust, sadness and surprise
- Learn eight universal ways liars manipulate word choice to avoid telling the truth
- Recall the means by which people communicate
- Identify and describe facial microexpressions
- Identify clusters of deceptive behavior
- Define cognitive load and describe its significance in deception
- Employ baselining basics: define “normal” to spot abnormalities in someone’s behavior
- Identify the type of errors liars make when telling stories
- Identify and avoid common biases and prejudices in an interview setting
- Identify the role of professional ethics in dealing with deception
- Identify the different categories of verbal indicators of deceit
- Identify word choice verbal indicators of deceit
- Identify sentence type verbal indicators of deceit
- Identify paralinguistic indicators of deceit
- Identify when a liar’s responses are most scientifically reliable
- Define duping delight and identify it in action
- Identify the seven basic emotions and the indicators of them on the face
- Identify facial nonverbal indicators of deceit
- Identify body language nonverbal indicators of deceit
- Respond appropriately after noting verbal and nonverbal indicators of deceit
- Prepare questions that promote a cooperative state of mind
- Identify the role of ethics in rapport building, questioning, and persuading an interviewee
- Identify eight types of expert questions and when to use them in an interview
- Use prefix bridges appropriately in an interview setting
- Identify the distinguishing features of honest and deceitful stories
- Identify the body language and behavior associated with an interviewee’s emotional state
- Identify the type of question which can do the most harm in an interview setting
- Use psychological bridges appropriately in an interview setting
I can’t wait to see you in class! It’s lots of fun, and our community is growing fast.
Calibrate, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Bulk Purchase Policy
Corporate or institutional clients that have an interest in bulk purchases for their employees can contact Pamela Meyer directly to discuss customization and discounts. Contact Pamela Meyer through a formal inquiry via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
Refunds, Cancellations, and Feedback
You may cancel a non-completed course for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Requests for refunds must be received in writing. No cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds will be made for customers who have been issued a certificate of completion. All courses must be completed within one (1) year from the date of enrollment or purchase. To request a refund, or for further information, policies, or concerns, please contact Pamela Meyer via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/ In the unlikely event of a cancellation, participants will be notified via email. Upon completion of the course, a feedback form will be made available to participants via email.