Earn 8.50 CPE Credits
Including 6 credits in Personnel/Human Resources and 2 credits in Behavioral Ethics
Deception costs businesses over $994 Billion per year, approximately 7% of annual revenue. In the presence of deception, transaction costs are substantially increased for human resources, research and development, due diligence, and management.
Deception detection is a 21st-century skill that can dramatically improve one’s professional and personal effectiveness. In this course on spotting lies, participants learn to identify motivations for deception and discover methods to spot deception in narrative statements, body language, and facial expressions.
This course introduces techniques for eliciting information from the most challenging subjects and outlines strategies that can be successfully applied to reach the truth in any interview, negotiation, or conversation.
Note this is the first half of a two-part course: Deception Detection, Interviewing and Getting the Truth
You save $596 (80%)
THE CLASS: The first course in a two-part series on Deception Detection, Interviewing and Getting to the Truth, is video-driven with 23 engaging videos. This is the single most comprehensive course on deception detection, complete with detailed strategies and interactive case studies.
THE FORMAT: Self-paced, pre-recorded.
THE PROCESS: It’s simple to enroll. You’ll automatically be sent to the course.
Once you sign up, you will have access to:
- Five course modules, each containing videos, animations, reflections, and celebrity case studies.
- Exclusive framework and systematic approach to spotting lies that’s easy to learn and evidence-based.
- As one student put it, "I absolutely love that I can add 'Expert in deception detection' to my resume. I've taken several similar courses and none of them go this deep or provide so many tricks for getting to the truth. What impressed me was that the material is fun...but then you realize you are learning a system for reading people no one else has."
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Risk Managers
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Asset Managers
- Financial Planners
- Corporate Fraud Police
- Security Experts
- No prerequisite knowledge is required to be successful in this course.
- No advance preparation is required.
- Program Level - Overview
- Delivery Method – QAS Self Study (Self-Paced)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between myths and facts about liars
- Spot lies in interviews, negotiations, audits, reviews and phone calls
- Recall the means by which people communicate
- Identify and describe facial microexpressions
- Identify clusters of deceptive behavior
- Define cognitive load and describe its significance in deception
- Employ baselining basics: define “normal” to spot abnormalities in someone’s behavior
- Identify the type of errors liars make when telling stories
- Identify and avoid common biases and prejudices in an interview setting
- Identify the role of professional ethics in dealing with deception
- Identify the different categories of verbal indicators of deceit
- Identify word choice verbal indicators of deceit
- Identify sentence type verbal indicators of deceit
- Identify paralinguistic indicators of deceit
- Identify when a liar’s responses are most scientifically reliable
- Define duping delight and identify it in action
- Identify the seven basic emotions and the indicators of them on the face
- Identify facial nonverbal indicators of deceit
- Identify body language nonverbal indicators of deceit
I can’t wait to see you in class! It’s lots of fun, and our community is growing fast.
Calibrate, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Bulk Purchase Policy
Corporate or institutional clients that have an interest in bulk purchases for their employees can contact Pamela Meyer directly to discuss customization and discounts. Contact Pamela Meyer through a formal inquiry via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
Refunds, Cancellations, and Feedback
You may cancel a non-completed course for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Requests for refunds must be received in writing. No cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds will be made for customers who have been issued a certificate of completion. All courses must be completed within one (1) year from the date of enrollment or purchase. To request a refund, or for further information, policies, or concerns, please contact Pamela Meyer via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/ In the unlikely event of a cancellation, participants will be notified via email. Upon completion of the course, a feedback form will be made available to participants via email.