SHRM Members: Earn 6 PDCs!
Deception costs businesses over $994 Billion per year, approximately 7% of annual revenue. In the presence of deception, transaction costs are substantially increased for human resources, research and development, due diligence, and management.
Deception detection is a 21st-century skill that can dramatically improve one’s professional and personal effectiveness. In this course on spotting lies, participants learn to identify motivations for deception and discover methods to spot deception in narrative statements, body language, and facial expressions.
This course introduces techniques for eliciting information from the most challenging subjects and outlines strategies that can be successfully applied to reach the truth in any interview, negotiation, or conversation.
Note this is the first half of a two-part course: Deception Detection, Interviewing and Getting the Truth
You save $596 (80%)
THE CLASS: Designed with human resource professionals in mind, the first course in a two-part series on Deception Detection, Interviewing and Getting to the Truth, is video-driven with 23 engaging videos. This is the single most comprehensive course on deception detection, complete with detailed strategies and interactive case studies.
THE FORMAT: Self-paced, pre-recorded.
THE PROCESS: It’s simple to enroll. You’ll automatically be sent to the course.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- SHRM Members
- Talent Management
- Strategy Directors
- HR Business Partners
- SVP/Operations Directors
- Human Resources VPs
- Group HR Managers
- Chief People Officers
Once you sign up, you will have access to:
- Five course modules, each containing videos, animations, reflections, and celebrity case studies
- Exclusive framework and systematic approach to spotting lies that’s easy to learn and evidence-based.
- As one student put it, "I absolutely love that I can add 'Expert in deception detection' to my resume. I've taken several similar courses and none of them go this deep or provide so many tricks for getting to the truth. What impressed me was that the material is fun...but then you realize you are learning a system for reading people no one else has."
- 6 PDCs in any of the following SHRM BoCK Competencies:
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- HR Expertise
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
Here are a few of the course highlights:
- Seven major human emotions and multiple subtle expressions: how to read them on the face.
- Microexpressions: Spot five fleeting clues that liars can’t suppress.
- Which two emotions are associated with lying, and which one emotion is always a red flag.
- The errors and tells that liars can’t control, and the neuroscience that explains it.
- Three rules that arm you against the subtle psychology of deception.
- CIA techniques for observing human behavior in the beginning, middle, and end of a conversation.
- Advanced baselining: Spot hidden abnormalities in common expressions.
- Listen for lies in sentence structure, word choice, and speech patterns.
- Eight universal ways that liars manipulate word choice to avoid telling the truth.
- How liars will parrot, minimize, protest, attack, or detour to protect their lie.
- How to use tone, volume, and speed of speech to expose a liar and gain influence.
- Practice identifying verbal and nonverbal indicators of deceit using real videos of convicted liars
I can’t wait to see you in class! It’s lots of fun, and our community is growing fast.
Bulk Purchase Policy
Corporate or institutional clients that have an interest in bulk purchases for their employees can contact Pamela Meyer directly to discuss customization and discounts. Contact Pamela Meyer through a formal inquiry via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
Refunds, Cancellations, and Feedback
You may cancel a non-completed course for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Requests for refunds must be received in writing. No cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds will be made for customers who have been issued a certificate of completion. All courses must be completed within one (1) year from the date of enrollment or purchase. To request a refund, or for further information, policies, or concerns, please contact Pamela Meyer via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/ In the unlikely event of a cancellation, participants will be notified via email. Upon completion of the course, a feedback form will be made available to participants via email.