SHRM Members: Earn 6 PDCs!
Defend yourself and your organization from deceptive actors in the first course in the two-course series, “Deception Detection: Interviewing and Getting to the Truth.” In this revolutionary course, Pamela shares scientifically proven, surefire techniques for identifying hidden signals of deceit. Participants will practice identifying verbal and non-verbal indicators of deceit in a series of entertaining – and sometimes atrocious – celebrity case studies featuring famous liars, including Bill Clinton, Lance Armstrong, and Bill Cosby. In one half-day, participants will be spotting liars and identifying facial micro-expressions associated with complex emotions. They will be on their way to encouraging honesty and transparency in the workplace. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn deception detection strategies that will transform your professional life.
You save $596 (80%)
THE CLASS: Designed with human resource professionals in mind, this is the single most comprehensive course on deception detection, complete with detailed strategies and case studies so students can begin to identify lies right away.
THE FORMAT: Self-paced, pre-recorded.
THE PROCESS: It’s simple to enroll. You’ll automatically be sent to the course.
PARTICIPANT TITLES INCLUDE:
- SHRM Member
- VP of Talent Management
- Director of Strategy
- HR Business Partner
- SVP/Operations Director
- Director of Talent Management
- VP of Human Resources
- Group HR Manager
- Chief People Officer
Once you sign up, you will have access to:
- Live question and answer sessions with Pamela
- Five course modules, each containing videos, animations, reflections, and celebrity case studies
- Exclusive framework and systematic approach to spotting lies that’s easy to learn and evidence-based.
- Class workbook: As one student put it, "I absolutely love that I can add 'Expert in deception detection' to my resume. I've taken several similar courses and none of them go this deep or provide so many tricks for getting to the truth. What impressed me was that the material is fun...but then you realize you are learning a system for reading people no one else has."
- 6 PDCs in any of the following SHRM BoCK Competencies:
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- HR Expertise
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Identify deceit in interactions with colleagues, family, and friends – without negatively impacting the relationships in your life.
- Learn to read others with a new level of sophistication and decipher people's hidden motivations.
- Recognize both simple and complex emotions by analyzing facial microexpressions, body language, and statement structure.
Here are a few of the course highlights:
- Seven major human emotions and multiple subtle expressions: how to read them on the face.
- Microexpressions: Spot five fleeting clues that liars can’t suppress.
- Which two emotions are associated with lying, and which one emotion is always a red flag.
- The errors and tells that liars can’t control, and the neuroscience that explains it.
- Three rules that arm you against the subtle psychology of deception.
- CIA techniques for observing human behavior in the beginning, middle, and end of a conversation.
- Advanced baselining: Spot hidden abnormalities in common expressions.
- Listen for lies in sentence structure, word choice, and speech patterns.
- Eight universal ways that liars manipulate word choice to avoid telling the truth.
- How liars will parrot, minimize, protest, attack, or detour to protect their lie.
- How to use tone, volume, and speed of speech to expose a liar and gain influence.
- Practice identifying verbal and nonverbal indicators of deceit using real videos of convicted liars
I can’t wait to see you in class! It’s lots of fun, and our community is growing fast.
Bulk Purchase Policy
Corporate or institutional clients that have an interest in bulk purchases for their employees can contact Pamela Meyer directly to discuss customization and discounts.
Contact Pamela Meyer through a formal inquiry via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
Refunds, Cancellations, and Feedback
You may cancel a non-completed course for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Requests for refunds must be received in writing. No cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds will be made for customers who have been issued a certificate of completion. All courses must be completed within one (1) year from the date of enrollment or purchase. To request a refund, or for further information, policies, or concerns, please contact Pamela Meyer via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
In the unlikely event of a cancellation, participants will be notified via email.
Upon completion of the course, a feedback form will be made available to participants via email.