NASW Members Earn 5.5 CEUs!
NASW NJ Members Earn 5.5 CEUs!
NYSED Members Earn 6.5 CEUs!
Deception costs businesses over $994 Billion per year, approximately 7% of annual revenue. In the presence of deception, transaction costs are substantially increased for human resources, research and development, due diligence, and management.
Deception detection is a 21st-century skill that can dramatically improve one’s professional and personal effectiveness. In this course on spotting lies, participants learn to identify motivations for deception and discover methods to spot deception in narrative statements, body language, and facial expressions.
This course introduces techniques for eliciting information from the most challenging subjects and outlines strategies that can be successfully applied to reach the truth in any interview, negotiation, or conversation.
Note this is the first half of a two-part course: Deception Detection, Interviewing and Getting the Truth
You save $596 (80%)
THE CLASS: The first course in a two-part series on Deception Detection, Interviewing and Getting to the Truth, is video-driven with 23 engaging videos. This is the single most comprehensive course on deception detection, complete with detailed strategies and interactive case studies.
THE FORMAT: Self-paced, pre-recorded.
THE PROCESS: It’s simple to enroll. You’ll automatically be sent to the course.
Once you sign up, you will have access to:
- Five course modules, each containing videos, animations, reflections, and celebrity case studies
- Exclusive framework and systematic approach to spotting lies that’s easy to learn and evidence-based.
- As one student put it, "I absolutely love that I can add 'Expert in deception detection' to my resume. I've taken several similar courses and none of them go this deep or provide so many tricks for getting to the truth. What impressed me was that the material is fun...but then you realize you are learning a system for reading people no one else has."
Here are a few of the course highlights:
- Distinguish between myths and facts about liars understand the science and psychology of deception – including deception frequency across different communication platforms and gender differences in deception
- Identify the common biases and personal desires that can influence one’s ability to spot deceptive behavior
- Establish a baseline and reliable reference point for identifying atypical patterns of behavior
- Recognize the seven major human emotions and identify multiple subtle facial expressions
- Identify verbal and nonverbal indicators of deceit in statement structure, body language, and facial expressions, and learn how to spot clusters of deceptive behavior
I can’t wait to see you in class! It’s lots of fun, and our community is growing fast.
NASW Sponsor Statement
Deception Detection is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886864850-8865) for 5.5 continuing education contact hours.
NASW NJ Sponsor Statement
This course, Deception Detection, Approval #12012022-3, provided by Pamela Meyer/Calibrate Inc. is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: Monday, January 2, 2023, through August 31, 2024. New Jersey social workers will receive 5.5 Non-Clinical CE credits for participating in this course.
Bulk Purchase Policy
Corporate or institutional clients that have an interest in bulk purchases for their employees can contact Pamela Meyer directly to discuss customization and discounts. Contact Pamela Meyer through a formal inquiry via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
Refunds, Cancellations, and Feedback
You may cancel a non-completed course for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Requests for refunds must be received in writing. No cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds will be made for customers who have been issued a certificate of completion. All courses must be completed within one (1) year from the date of enrollment or purchase. To request a refund, or for further information, policies, or concerns, please contact Pamela Meyer via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/
ADA Compliance Policy
Calibrate Inc. is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you require special accommodations please let us know. Contact Pamela Meyer through a formal inquiry via this form: https://www.pamelameyer.com/contact/ In the unlikely event of a cancellation, participants will be notified via email. Upon completion of the course, a feedback form will be made available to participants via email.